Penny McNamee, a former Home and Away actor, has returned to the serial opera, but not as Tori Morgan.
The actress announced her return to the program, this time as a writer, by posting a photo of the Home and Away end credits on Instagram.
“PLoTwiST! Same legendary team, different position in the credits, she noted in her caption.
“I feel a little overcome by all the support and affection. Bless you, lovely people. Penny commented further.
It’s not yet obvious if this was a one-time thing or if she’ll be contributing to the soap regularly. Also unknown is whether she’ll play Tori when she returns to the serial opera.
When Penny’s character Tori married Christian Green and they decided to leave the Bay, they both departed the show in 2021. Tori then relocated to the UK to work in a hospital.
At the time, she wrote a tribute on Instagram, thanking the actors and crew for their hard work and welcoming atmosphere, as well as the fans for their support.
The time has come for me to say farewell to Tori Morgan and Summer Bay after five absolutely wonderful years, she wrote. I want to thank a lot of people for making my experience on Home and Away possible because I am so appreciative of it.
Thank you to our wonderful and kind-hearted ensemble members (past and present), crew, writers, publicists, and production team for your friendliness, warmth, and sense of humor, the actor added.
“To my amazing fans who have helped me out by encouraging me and making hilarious picture edits for me. I’ve read all of your messages and responses, and I value each and every one.
- Former Home and Away star Penny McNamee returns to soap – but not as Tori
- Home and Away star Courtney Miller explains why she left Bella Nixon role
- Home and Away Spoilers – Bree gets revenge on Jacob in shock attack
- Home and Away Spoilers – Felicity, Leah and Eden fight to survive
- Home and Away’s Courtney Miller pays tribute to her co-star Kawakawa Fox-Reo as the fan favourite exits Summer Bay for good